Hey folks. Welcome to “Gastown”, our newest version of Renting Well. This has been about 4 months of work under the hood, which we decided to name after Vancouver’s historic Gastown district. Our old naming scheme of “v1.3” just didn’t sound sexy enough. Since we’re based in both Ottawa and Vancouver — we thought this name was fitting for a fresh start.
- iOS and Android friendliness: Fully responsive interface that scales from large desktop/laptop screens all the way down to smartphones and has been optimized to feel almost like a native app on phones and tablets.
- We’ve removed a few features from the app that don’t translate to small screens but otherwise it’s the same experience as the desktop. Items like the listings are better accessed on a desktop.
- By bookmarking the site to your home screen (iOS — iPhones, iPads, iPod touches) you can launch it just like a regular app (watch a handy how-to guide)
- An updated, streamlined interface throughout
- We’ve simplified our billing plans to offer two tiers and the much-requested option to be billed annually is now available. As an incentive we’ve made the per-month cost on all of our billing plans slightly less if you opt for annual billing.
- Ability to filter notes and to-dos by their tags (i.e. quickly see all the to-dos or notes for a given unit, property or tenant) or by which month they were created in (i.e. see all the to-dos or notes for March 2013, for example)
- Increased performance on modern web browsers (both desktop and mobile)
- Tonnes of minor improvements throughout the app
Take ‘er for a spin. Kick the tires. Let us know what you think.